If you are bar-b-queuing, keep in mind that many house fires are started every year by a Bar-B-Que that suddenly flairs up due to grease, lighter fluid, cooking sprays and fat.
- Keep children and pets away from the grilling area.
- Keep your Bar-B-Que out from under trees.
- Keep the Bar-B-Que away from deck rails and out from under patio roofs, awnings and roof overhangs.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- Check hoses and connections on all propane and gas bar-b-ques. If you smell gas while cooking, turn off the Bar-B-Que, get everyone away form the area and call 911. Do not move or attempt to fix the grill.
Have a safe and happy holiday!