Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does My Tenant Need Renters Insurance?

If you are a landlord you are only interested in covering your property inside the rental, structure, and liability.

But none of your coverages apply to the tenant. If the house gets broken into and the tenants stuff is stolen, they are out of luck. If there is a fire and all their things are destroyed, they are out of luck. The tenant must get a renters insurance policy to cover their things.

Typical coverage in a renters policy includes personal property coverage,  liability, loss of use and medical payments to others.

Next week I'll talk more about each of these coverages and why a tenant would need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. All comments are screened before they are posted to the blog.